Monday, June 25, 2012

A Change Of Habit






I remember lying awake in bed, staring at the ceiling and wondering about the possibilities of the summer. It was the first day out of school. Already the daily routine was different. No alarm clock. No hustle bustle of the usual morning agenda. Just quiet. School no longer existed for the next few months. My biggest dilemma was which breakfast cereal to choose!

The first week out was like being in limbo as the playgrounds didn’t open till after the Fourth of July. Now what can I do till then. A quick mental list of all that I wanted to do and didn’t have time to do materialized…dolls, coloring, walking the dog, reading books and watching cartoons. Can I play with a friend today? The possibilities were endless. But then…

…what’s the rush? I have all summer!!!

Cathy

No comments: