Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Dancing Fairy


  
The unsuspecting gardener
May find surprises ‘round the corner
Over and under the foliage
Through the petals and under the sundial
Dances the ‘Fairy of the Flowers’
Out of the corner of your eye
You may spy
The bright colors of her wings
Floating by in rainbow trails
As she scatters her fairy dust
From the flowers on the ground
To the vines above her head
She dances in and out
Without worry or care
Communing with the birds
Tickling kitty whiskers
Following the butterflies
And smiling at the ladybugs
Her magic she proclaims
Is within her day and night
Make a wish and grab a star
Hold it in your hands
Fairy dust is made of these
To carry every where
Why is it I do this
It’s the love I have for all
And when words are not enough
Dancing spreads her joy
For all the world to see
Come dance with me, she asks
And see the world as I do
With the loveliness in nature
When dancing in the garden
You and I

Cathy


No comments: