Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Gift Of Love




We collectively decided at the end of last year to start our own ‘Prayer Shawl Ministry’. Now, with the holidays behind us and as we settle into the New Year, our emails are reinforcing our commitment to our ministry. I have been following the ads, and there are many, for the sale of yarn. Patterns for Prayer Shawls are abundant for both knitting and crocheting. Many of the yarn companies offer free patterns in the stores for these projects. We may also follow the sales for fleecy fabrics for sewing a shawl. Our options are abundant.
I have chosen my first design and purchased my first skein of yarn. A Pattern has also been submitted by Rosemary. Patti is eagerly waiting another pattern. I am also looking forward to this lovely design that drapes so beautifully over the shoulders.
The following stores carry a wide selection of yarn. Weekly discount coupons are usually available online as well as the coupons in the weekly flyers. If you sign up online with these websites, the coupons and the weekly flyers will come directly to you for your convenience.
Please save even the smallest amount of yarn as I have found some patterns for striped Prayer Shawls that can use up our smallest quantities. I have also found books in the yarn/craft stores specifically for Prayer Shawl patterns.
Here is a special prayer written that you may pray as you make this shawl:

Lord, as I pick up my crochet hook or knitting needles
and yarn, Thank You for this talent that you blessed
me with, to help those in need. Bless those who had a
hand in making these supplies that I am about to use
in the projects that crochet or knit today. If the
yarn was donated, Bless the person whom donated it to
me. Bless the person that this project is going to,
as you know their needs. 

Kaye


No comments: