Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring Interrupted





With the season of spring at hand and winds dropping the temperatures to a March status, I find myself longing for the warmer days of summer. Visions of fuchsias and hanging planters bursting with color are floating through my mind. The lofty winds of the past few days have prevented me from enjoying the solitude I prefer with nature. A wind-chill factor does dampen the mood. Instead of ice cubes tinkling in a tall glass of ice tea, I’m hovering over a steaming cup of hot tea nestled in my hands for warmth, while sitting in the sunshine. The tea will be cold before I get to the bottom of the cup!

Memorial Day is still a month away but the garden centers will be stocking up with their colorful flats of annuals and perennials for our gardens. I’m looking forward to the winds trailing off a bit. Hopefully we will have a climactic meeting of the minds soon. The stillness of summer agrees with me…when you can sit in a garden and hear the hummingbirds fly by.

Cathy

No comments: