Monday, December 3, 2012

Keeping Things Under Wrap






The Christmas season can be a bit hectic & frantic. The Thanksgiving bird is barely carved and we kick into a higher gear for a full month… planning & shopping, shopping and planning and so much more. We need lists, cards, gifts, food, and above all… the time to do it all as the everyday routine doesn’t come to a halt for us nor the holiday season at hand.

My greatest insight to this is us! Yup…us! There’s nary an email since Thanksgiving. I know I’ve been very busy. There’s no bantering back & forth on the net as there was a month ago. We wasted no time getting into typical holiday mode.

I know I allow my memories of us from the past year to come and go and flow through the routined brainwaves of life. The cup of tea and a quiet moment brings grateful flashbacks of our get-togethers. These moments are a great joy…a pause in the day before rejoining the daily routine.

I hope you are enjoying the season. I have found comfort in the Christmas music on the radio…like an old friend…familiar, relaxing and cheerful….a lot like us for the other eleven months of the year.

Happy holiday mode to all.

Cathy


No comments: