Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1966


Let’s reminisce a bit. Picture it…1966… we are returning to school in the year of the mini-skirt, hoping that the nuns don’t notice that our pleated skirts are rolled above the knee. The boy’s clip-on ties are in place but the first button is unbuttoned. The hills are alive with the “Sound of Music” on the big screen. On the small screen, the first episode of “The Monkees” entertained us while “Star Trek” also made its debut. Color TVs look like they are ‘catching on’ while black & white TVs become portable! It’s the year of “Good Vibrations” from the Beach Boys and “Sounds of Silence” from Simon and Garfunkel. Our Christmas lists included Barbie dolls and Rock-em, Sock-em Robots.


I’m not sure if it’s the year I got my first pogo stick….still the rage in the 60’s. I do know it was not my last!

Enjoy your trip down memory lane!

Cathy



No comments: