Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tropical Dreams




I’m not quite there yet…giving up summer that is. With the evening temps dropping below sixty, we are facing the inevitability of autumn. Cooler breezes have made their appearance…good for sleeping, but with a slow start to warmth during the day. As I promised myself in mid-winter, I would not complain about the summer’s heat. I did not. I made the heat and humidity good friends of my day. They made me move a bit slower but with the appreciation of the world around me…the flowers, grass, trees, shrubs, blue skies, puffy clouds, balmy breezes and the waters that surround me.

The ease of summer and the comfort of casual clothing with flip-flops keep calling my name. Turtle-neck sweaters are not on my agenda just yet. I’m even fighting the urge to get out my “Cape Cod” sweatshirt. It is set aside…just in case…the temps do drop a bit more this week as September progresses. The marigolds are still in their glory and mums are everywhere heralding the oncoming equinox. The change of season is inevitable, but I’m holding on to the treasures of summer just a bit longer.

Enjoy each day!

Cathy 


No comments: