Friday, November 25, 2011

Celebrate Me Home




Well, tis the season. Actually the season I speak of started last week with the radio stations playing Christmas music 24/7. At first there is the usual panic of “Oh no…Christmastime again, so soon!” Within a minute I settle into singing. Last week I was driving with my son and grandson on a fine-enough-day to have the windows open in the car. As I crank up the music, and sing loud enough for the neighboring cars at the red light to hear me, my son rolling his eyes in his head, my grandson and I sang at the top of our lungs…”Santa Claus is coming to town”. For half an hour we sang to our hearts content.

Today, while driving alone, I got to settle into some of the other songs that are lumped into Christmastime that hit a soft spot in my heart. Kenny Loggins songs are always in this genre. I got to hear Celebrate Me Home. WOW…never get tired of hearing this one! I thought it appropriate to write about it as this is the time of year for family and friends to gather. It’s tradition with the month of holidays ahead and for gatherings such as class reunions which have become popular at this time of year. A song like this is a call to gather the clans…friends, family and all of humanity…those happy and sad, in good shape and bad, with all of our flaws and imperfections we reach out to one another. It warms your heart it does.


With the hustle and bustle that accompanies the season ahead, please take time to sit and enjoy the quiet moments in between the noise. Grab the cup of chamomile, daydream and celebrate your own moments of your life. As you find the calm, center and regroup your thoughts, let a smile of comfort come across your face. I love Christmas. I look forward to it year-round. My personal ‘mantra/theme-song’ that I carry around in my heart, even during the high heat of summer, is We Need a Little Christmas.


Find a song to celebrate your life and carry it with you wherever you go. If you don’t have one, try starting here…


Cathy

No comments: