Thursday, November 3, 2011

The four-letter word!


Yes, you heard it right…the “S” word! No, not that one! 
S-N-O-W!!! It’s in the news and in the weather and on the streets. Yuck! And it’s only just the beginning. Grab the windshield scrapers, bags of salt, boxes of sand and kitty litter. Shovels and brooms now stand guard at the door. Next are gloves, scarves, hats, caps and earmuffs lining our coat pockets. Boots!!! It seems I just packed them away.  I was wearing flip-flops yesterday!

I can’t believe it’s here. What happened to the Indian summer? Gone I guess. We’re still waiting for the leaves to reach peek color!

Well our snow is gone with the balmy follow up. There are still over 200,000 without power. Fortunately I’m not one of them. 

The snow has passed and the trees are still turning red and yellow. I guess it ain’t over till it’s over. The snow may be here spotting the ground but winter is still over a month away. Maybe there’ll be an Indian summer yet.

Cathy

No comments: