Saturday, May 5, 2012

Eye Of The Beholder



Amidst the raindrops and drizzle this week, the realization of certain beliefs came to mind. Beliefs are meant to be challenged for perspective. Perspectives are changed constantly as we learn and live life’s lessons. “Truth will out” Mr. Weasley says. (Harry Potter series)

Beauty was the topic in mind. As I walk the dog through puddles and wet grasses, in between rain and drizzle, cap on head and footwear soggy, the thought of “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” came to me. I myself, not fitting into the fashionable stereotypes at that moment, caught sight of a single dandelion struggling to maintain its dignity in the rain. At that moment a wry smile grew on my face as I realized that even a dandelion has bad hair days!



When raining, the beautiful saturated colors of the spring blooms are a photographers dream. Dewdrops and raindrops add an extra dimensional, almost ethereal quality, to the subject matter. Light glistens, reflects and refracts the colors at hand. Natural enhancements defy and define beauty at the same time…perceptions and perspectives redefining truths.

 My hair and the cuffs of my jeans were both wet. The dog didn’t look any better! As I made my way home, I smiled again. Today I am a dandelion!

Cathy

No comments: