Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Being Blasé




While enjoying the early summer morn while the season lasts, I mowed the lawn. No big deal. As I’m putting around I noticed that my dog was also enjoying the day giving no notice to me at all. I smirk and wonder how long this will last turning it into a cute mind game. Back & forth I go across the lawn. He doesn’t move. WOW. I think ‘to be that blasé as the world passes’. Good for him. How long can this last? Long.

I pass again & again and he rolls over. I laugh quietly and realize that I’m putting all the effort into this relationship. I now have a dog amidst tall grass. Sly dog.

Fine, I’ll mow the north forty and see if he notices. An ear twitches. I’m glad I got to see it. He stretches & yawns. I’m sweating my bunnies off and he’s rolled onto his back. Now I’m jealous! He rolls over again & moves to the north forty with me. Loyal friend. I glance back & see the tall grass he left behind.

Back & forth again I go mowing around the canine mound. I stop to laugh again, but he doesn’t know why. “Now stay there” I ask, hoping he won’t move while I get my camera. No problem in the not moving department. I’m not sure if he’ll make the cover of GQ, but he’s handsome to me. Click, click, click. Done. The morning is memorialized to the dog days of summer. He could care less. Blasé.

We move again, finish the chores, have a seat, share a Popsicle and give a hug & a kiss. It just doesn’t get any better than that. Perhaps in my next life I will ask to be a dog. I’ll have to think about that awhile. I had planned on being a horse in my next life as a horse will get new shoes every six weeks! Hmmm. This to ponder another day.

Cathy
Being blase = surrender to nature! Cooool!


No comments: