Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It happens to the best of us!

Brain cramps, brain farts, menopause, senior moments, whatchamacallits, what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, I was saying we all do it. Um, do what, oh yeah, forget!

That reminds me…what was I going to have for lunch? What time is it? Where did I put my cars keys? Car keys…where was I going?  Did I eat breakfast?

Did I change my underwear? If I can’t tell, it doesn’t matter! Mind over matter. If you don’t mind it doesn’t matter! HA! Who was I picking up? Soccer? T-ball? What day is this? Where’s my calendar?

Did I have my coffee? Maybe I need a second cup. Who emptied the coffee can? Do I have time to go to the store? Nah…I’ll go through the drive-thru. Where did I put those keys?

It’s always the last place you look, isn’t it? Who knew they were in the ignition after all?! Where’s the cell phone? Is it charged? I’m not, why should the cell phone be? Glasses. Do I have my glasses? (pat the head, pat the chest, feel the nose) Oh, they’re under the sunglasses! HA! Am I the only one that does that? Now I can look for the cell phone.

(fishing thru the pocketbook…feel, feel, feel, dead French fries, broken granola bar, application to the health club…yoga class?…HA…good one! sticky note with an unknown phone number, AHA!!! A cell phone…half charged…good enough)

Where am I heading today?

(ringing cell phone…..)

Hello. Hi, I’m great and you? What do you mean you’re at the baggage claim? Airport?

(@ r * //!s_ _ _ !# ~ * & _ _ _ # `!#)

(vague recollections)

I’m almost there. Why don’t you grab a coffee…one for me too!


caTHy

No comments: