Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fireflies




As I went for a walk with my dog last night, from a distance I saw the light. The soft green glow darted about me, then another. It was a firefly night. As I looked about the trees on the road I was passing, there were many flitting about the tree tops and then those that preferred darting about the brook below. The only thing more wonderful than a firefly is a flurry of them.

It was a magical moment unexpected. The season seems right for them right now. Not my first encounter, but it was my first interaction with them in numbers. Tonight, as the sky is clear with just the new moon over your shoulder, look out of the corner of your eye and you may spy a firefly. Consider it a gift and make a wish. It just may come true!

 Between you and me, I think they are fairies in disguise! Enjoy!

Cathy



No comments: