Monday, March 26, 2012

Forcing the Bloom






As some quick and early pruning begins in the yard this year, I’ve a few twigs to bring indoors. With some good light from the window, I’ll be forcing the blooms from the quince bush. I don’t have to force too hard as they’ve already a good start on the season. Since they seem to be in harmony with Mother Nature, I’ll tag along, and take my cue from them.

As I take my cue, I’ve the thought that ‘forcing a bloom’ is a great way to start each day. It’s a form of putting your best foot forward. As the sun shines on your face each day, what do you want it to see? What do you want the first neighbor passing by to see? The ‘best you can be’ is a great place to start. We can start with a smile because we wish to see the same from them. As you give, so shall you receive. A smile it is. With smiling eyes is even better. With a ‘have a good day’ is best still.

So, if this is ‘forcing your bloom’, then go for it, I say! Once you get in the habit, it won’t be forced. You’ll then be a ‘natural’ at it.

Cathy


No comments: