Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Dearest Bride




My Dearest Bride,

My life, my love, these are yours for
This moment of our lives
As we pass in the moonlight
A moonbeam goes with me

I take with me thy kiss
For memories set in time
Love to guide the stars
Where wishes were made true

You gave me my life
When I was empty
You gave me your love
When I had none

The stars conjoined
Met with heaven’s blessing
To exemplify your name
Milady of Avalon

Comets did shoot across the sky
Declaring your love for me
I could only return your love
When the moon set into the sea

For you were my Venus
As I professed my love
In a time of yore that was ours
In our days of Avalon

Never to return in time
To this our sacred moment
Everlasting in the sky
The light from your blue eyes

Complete am I because of you
My lover in the lea
Where you and I were heaven sent
In Avalon by the sea


Cathy….submitted by a friend


No comments: